Saturday 20 June 2009

Upcoming in 2009

With the dust settled after E3 I thought it was a good time to take stock of the upcoming releases for the rest of the year and think about what I want to pick up.

I've listed games below and ranked them either A, B or C. A is a must-have day-one purchase. B is one I will look out for at a good price. C is something I am interested in but will wait for a price drop on.

Wii

MySims Racing (C)
Transformers Revenge of the Fallen (C)
Wii Sports Resort (B)
Star Wars The Clone Wars Republic Heroes (B)
Red Steel 2 (C)
Spore Hero (C)
Ghostbusters (A) (already pre-ordered)

360

Transformers Revenge of the Fallen (C)
Batman Arkham Asylum (A)
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 (B)
Star Wars The Clone Wars Republic Heroes (B)
Halo 3 ODST (A) (already pre-ordered)
Alpha Protocol (A)
GI Joe The Rise of Cobra (B) (already pre-ordered)
FIFA 10 (A)
Assassin's Creed 2 (C)

PC

Left 4 Dead 2 (A)

A couple of titles (Transformers, Clone Wars) I've listed under both 360 and Wii as I'm waiting to see how they turn out on the individual platforms. Originally I was going to go for Transformers on Wii for the co-op option, but I now understand that player two will just be controlling some weird floating shield thing and not another transformer, so that seems a bit lame...

No comments: