Thursday 12 June 2008

I'm going to play... Metal Gear Solid

So while many PS3 owners everywhere are tearing shrink wrapping off shiny new copies of Metal Gear Solid 4, I'm going right back to the first one and intend to play it through, watching every cut scene and taking in the full story... for the first time.

You see, I've never played Metal Gear Solid.

Okay, so I will admit to dabbling in it. I seem to recall playing a demo for the Playstation, but I never bought the game. I did buy the PC version when it was released and I still have it now. I've recently installed it on my laptop, in fact! But despite having it for nearly 8 years I don't think I've ever played much past the first half hour or so.

I've got Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance (PS2) waiting next and I am going to track down a copy of Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence too. But first Metal Gear Solid.

Or rather, Metal Gear Solid - The Twin Snakes.

Yes, my weapon of choice is the GameCube version, developed by Silicon Knights as a sort of joint project between Konami and Nintendo. Some purists would probably insist that I should go back to the original Playstation version, but unfortunately I don't have a copy. I can't be doing with configuring controllers and all sorts for the PC version and besides, why bother when the GameCube version features superior graphics and a few new features?

So far I have only played up to the death of the DARPA chief, I'll let you know how it goes...

No comments: