Tuesday 10 June 2008

Do I actually need any more games?

I try my best to keep up with upcoming games. I subscribe to the Official Nintendo Magazine and always pick up 360Gamer magazine from a newsagent. I am often on forums where games are discussed (e.g. rllmukforum) or reading articles on GameSpot.

So with all that information coming in I am always looking ahead to what games are due out. My current list of games I want that are yet to be released looks something like this:

Lego Batman (Wii)
Super Smash Bros Brawl (Wii)
Star Wars The Force Unleashed (Wii or 360, not decided yet!)
Ghostbusters (again, Wii or 360)
Tom Clancy's End War (360)
Halo Wars (360)
Aliens - Colonial Marines (360)
Tom Clancy's HAWX (360)
Tiberium (360)
Gears Of War 2 (360)
Little Big Planet (PS3)
FIFA 09 (360)
Left 4 Dead (360)

Now it's by no means certain that I will buy all these games. Some may end up being quite poor or I may end up purchasing another title that means I don't need the one on this list (I'm thinking specifically of Ace Combat 6 rather than HAWX here). But the point is that there are over 10 games on this list without even thinking about DS or PSP or PC titles.

However, when I look at my shelves, I can see a number of games I have barely played and some are still sealed! For instance:

Blue Dragon (360)
The Club (360 - sealed!)
Dead Rising (360)
Gears Of War (360)
Halo 3 (360 - sealed!)
The Outfit (360)
Perfect Dark Zero (360)
Project Sylpheed (360)
Splinter Cell Double Agent (360)
Tiger Woods 2007 (360)
Virtua Fighter 5 (360 - sealed!)
Geometry Wars (Wii - sealed!)
Metal Slug Anthology (Wii)
Red Steel (Wii)
Resident Evil 4 (Wii)
Sonic and the Secret Rings (Wii)

Now there is a good reason I haven't played some of these much, for example I haven't started Halo 3 yet as me and Player Boy are still working our way through Halo 1. I know we'll get to it in due course.

However others, especially some of those still sealed, are nagging at my mind. Should I sell these on? Am I ever going to get around to playing them? Especially with the prospect of another 10+ titles being purchased in the next six months?!

And the scary thing is, these are only the 360/Wii games. I have a whole bunch of Cube, PS2 and XBox titles that have received just as little attention...

No comments: