Saturday 28 June 2008

Only 5 more games in 2008?

While skimming through the list of upcoming games in the latest issue of 360gamer over breakfast this morning, I commented to Player Boy that there was nothing that really jumped out at me. Oh sure, plenty of titles I recognised but none that screamed "BUY ME!!". Notable exceptions were Lego Batman and Star Wars The Force Unleashed, but as I've already pre-ordered those (albeit the Wii versions) I ignored those anyway.

So later in the day I started wondering just how many more new games I will buy this year. I decided to see if I could come up with a list of just FIVE games to buy between now and 01/01/09. Here they are, in no particular order...

1) Lego Batman (Wii)
2) Star Wars The Force Unleashed (Wii)
3) LittleBigPlanet (PS3)
4) FIFA 09 (360)
5) Ghostbusters (Wii or 360)

Of course there are still plenty of titles floating around that I want to pick up, but I will have to either request those as presents or fund them through trading in other games. Off the top of my head I can think of the following five titles already on the shelves that I'd like to pick up:

1) Metal Gear Solid 4 (PS3)
2) Mario Kart (Wii)
3) Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 (Wii)
4) Grand Theft Auto IV (360)
5) Dragon Ball Z Burst Limit (360)

Hmmm... looks like I will have to start getting ruthless when selecting my titles to trade!!

No comments: